Saturday, January 29, 2005

Where Are All the Good Men Dead...?

...In the heart or in the head?

What a wild week it was. The most entertaining of the week was my buddy, Steev (let's face it kids, he is usually the highlight). He is one of the funniest people I know and he keeps me sane at work.

So here is another Steev gem before I move on...
Two cows are grazing in a field.
One turns to the other and says, "Bessie, I was just artifically inseminated."
The second cow says, "Really, Bossie? Are you sure?"
The first cow replies, "Yes Bessie...no bull!"

Now on with the end of my week. It was Friday, and therefore there shouldn't have been too much going on. But this week - it was really true! I work for a company who you would think would not have many system issues or problems...but NO! Our network was down ALL day. What a waste of my time and everyone elses!

My boss, the weird guy he is, started telling us about this homeless man living on the porch of the house he just bought. In his wisdom, he has decided that it is his mission to care for Alfred, the poor homeless man. What a weirdo! He is talking about taking him as a tax deduction and building him a shack out back, or at least a vent onto the front porch which will provide heating and air conditioning...okay, yeah sure, pal. Freaks!

So last night was the big ice storm. Angie came over deciding that she would be much warmer being trapped at my house, then her place downtown...probably true. So we played board games (yes we are THAT boring) and watched movies. Apparently, Angie takes exception to my calling this boring...big surprise. Considering that we were both dateless for the evening, what else were we going to do...good point, G.

We did have excellent pizza (Mellow Mushroom is the best pizza in town). Be sure and check out their website, our buddy Chappy designed it and it's fabulous.

I finally headed to bed around 130am after getting Angie plenty of pillows and blankets to make the couch more comfy. I had bizarre dreams of cute boys being hit men and me being attracted to them. Guess what movie we watched last night - Grosse Pointe Blank. Anyway, it helped me to come to a realization - boys are stupid, throw rocks at them...at least when they act like boys and not men. They don't call, they don't write :) One day, they should be mature enough at least part of the time, right? Hahahaha - wishful thinking.

My point is this, the right man will come along, but I just I hope I know him when I see him. As long as I keep reminding myself of this, life will work out just fine.
Wow, I feel like I am maturing a lot in the few weeks before I turn 32...how odd is that? Again, no one can spoil my mood - I refuse.

So poker next weekend. I'm hoping I can repeat my performance from last month when I walked away with close to $100. Game On! Come on friends, let's shuffle up and deal!

No comments: