Monday, July 10, 2006

Get Your Kicks

Current Mood: working

Movie Review: Cars

I still love Pixar, but this was one of the weaker pictures they have produced. Dont get me wrong, because I really did enjoy it, but 2 hours is just too long for an animated feature; sad, considering I am usually left wanting more.

This story is about Owen Wilson's Lightning McQueen, a cocky race car who is somewhat of a rookie (understand every person in the movie is a vehicle). He is on his way to California on Route 66, when he gets lost and causes damage in a small town can anyone say Doc Hollywood meets Days of Thunder? Anyway, he is forced to stick around in Radiator Springs in order to repave the road he destroyed. He learns how the little things are important and makes new friends along the way awww, isnt that sweet?!

The point is, this is a good movie for the kids and has plenty of comedy for the adults it just should have been shorter! I did enjoy the VW Beetles representing flies!

I actually enjoyed how this movie made me feel nostalgic. It took a good long look at how we have changed in our lives. We have become a fast-paced society that drives only to get from one place to another. Route 66, a.k.a. The Mother Road, meant something once at a time when our parents would drive through towns and not around them.

Pixar needs to go back to the drawing board and come up with a new and fresh idea and then make an excellent 90 minute movie about it! Ratatouille should have some promise, especially since it being helmed by Brad Bird.

I loved this movie, but it falls towards the bottom of the Pixar list for me.

Currently listening:
Nighthawks at the Diner
By Tom Waits
Release date: 25 October, 1990

No comments: