Friday, January 28, 2005

I'm Your Only Friend...

But really I'm not actually your friend...

It is a TMBG day today. So be sure and make a little birdhouse in your soul.

So yesterday was an odd day for me. I had a lot of meetings that I had to skip because a process was broken. This is my life writing procedures, making sure people are following them, and then clean up all the mess when they don't. It fun sometimes, other times it drives me batty. It isn't the job so much as it is the mood swings of my boss. Yesterday was a roller coaster day - nothing new there.

Luckily, I work with very cool people who are good at keeping me sane throughout the day. If it weren't for them, and lots of positive feedback, I think I would have left long ago. The problem is, I work with SO many cool people, I cannot list them here as I know me and I know I will forget people and then will feel guilty about that. But those of you I like working with - you know who you are. There are also a couple people who I cannot stand - I think they know who they are too.

So let me rewind back to Wednesday. If ever there were an honorary San Jose day, it was Wednesday. First, Worthy AIMed me. Let me tell you about Worthy. He is a very sweet, very cool guy who used to manage a Business Sales team in SJE. He was moved to Roseville (basically Sacramento) about 6 months after I moved to SJE - but we kept in touch via AIM, phone and my trips to RSV. We filled each other in on our lives (he has a wife and kids, and I have only me). We talked about other SJE-ers and Atlanta people. It was great. But it got me thinking...again...about all my old friends and it really made me want to catch up with them all. However, I only have so many hours in a day plus I have to work for most of those hours.

Luckily, almost in succession, other people from SJE popped up on AIM. I briefly talked to Skelly (a supervisor that worked for me) and then Ken, aka Kendra (the other supervisor that worked for me). It was great catching up with old friends. At the same time I was emailing with Nik (Nicole worked in Tech Support in SJE). I'm all about the reminiscing.

So here it is Friday, and I have no exicitng plans for this weekend. Well wait - yes I do. I'm getting my new tattoo on Saturday! Wahoo. It's a ghecko - it was going to be purple, but based on advice from a man (wow, am I that much of a girl?), I am going with green instead. Damn, I didn't know I was that girly...

Oh - and before I forget, more Steev humor:
Two Hydrogen atoms walk into a bar
One says "I've lost my electron!"
The other asks "Are you sure?!"
"YES! I'm positive!"

Happy Friday kids!

No comments: