Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Lindy Squared

Hey kids - Another double posting day - aren't you all just thrilled!?

And Susan - I need your email address...when and if you read this ;)

So I couldn't think of what to post until I had some chats with my friends at work who are getting a raw deal, and now I am just filled with crap to post.

Let me explain how the world should work. If you give a poor performance at work, your boss should coach you and teach you the right way to do something. If you still give a poor performance, you should be talked to again, and coached more vigorously. If you are still under performing, then you should be put on some kind of action plan. You do not jump to step 28 when you are standing at the Start space. Geez Louise!

If you feel someone is not doing their job and they have been coached, retrained, etc. and you have the ammo, just fire them and get it over with. But toying with people, it is bullshit and I will not stand for it! People suck and those people should NEVER manage other people. It is a joke.

Whew, okay so I feel better. I'm just so angry - I do not like seeing my friends unhappy - it makes me crazy and very sad and depressed. I love these people, they are like family and watching them suffer and get such a raw deal, it hurts me because it hurts them.

So chapter 12 in my reliving old relationships saga, today I AIMed with a bunch of my San Jose friends/former co-workers. Worthy AIMed me first and started the snowball-effect. Then I found Skelly and AIMed with him briefly. Then I emailed Nik and she and I are passing messages back and forth, and then I found Kendra online and AIMed with him for a bit. Thank goodness we are good, I think. Seemed like it. You know, you don't talk to someone for a long time and in your head you convince yourself that they hate you or that you have lost that friendship. I think the best thing that happened to us was no longer working together. Now I just have a big smile on my face - very happy that things are going well for my California friends and for me too.

(Sigh)...what a strange trip it's been!

No comments: