Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I Never Did Mind About the Little Things

Migraines suck! I got home yesterday and was in headache hell. Headache isn't even the right word - if you have ever had a migraine, you understand. I took the good drugs and passed out. Unfortunately, narcotics don't keep you from dreaming. I had some insatiable dreams and then woke up fully expecting to not be alone. Then, I was awake, albeit loopy. And I was awake until like 2 in the morning. So when I got up this morning, I knew I should stay in bed. However, I had visions of my schedule for the day, so I dragged my sorry ass to work.

I didn't last but 2 hours. I was just in too much pain to attempt to be productive. So I left...it didn't hurt that Angie told me how bad I looked.

So I came home and passed out on the sofa. I was in lala dreamland again and was quite content (sorry I cannot share the dreams here), but was rudely awakened by Ms. Johnson. She left me a message on my cell phone thinking I was Ms. Chapman wanting to pick up my child support check...WHAT? Hello people, listen to the voice on the voicemail message that says, THIS IS LINDY! Sheesh - I am too nice because I called back Children's Services and sat on hold for 20 minutes to attempt to let them know their error. Poor Ms. Chapman, I bet she really needs her check. My good deed for the day.

I need serious help now. My head is going to explode or implode or something soon. I need more drugs...or sex...or a really good head massage. (sigh).

So it is looking like poker this weekend isn't going to work out. Too many conflicts apparently, so I will have to wait another week to take people's money.

So where do I stand now? Let's see, I'm all set for a hockey fix next week (although I will be going to Macon to accomplish that), work isn't too bad, I miss my Maggie-Ming, and cannot wait for a true day off. Today doesn't count as I feel like ass... I miss old friends a lot...I have emailed a couple of them trying to reconnect - I figure 1 down, 5 or 6 to go :)

So I have resigned myself to no Robert's this weekend despite moving poker night. 3 nights in 1 week was enough alcohol and smoke-filled fun for me for now. I need to come up with some fun-filled entertainment for the weekend. Maybe I should call the guy I picked up on Saturday - mwhahahahaha...

Movie screening tomorrow night - apparently the 2nd pass is now spoken for, so those of you wanting me to share - too bad, so sad. Nothing exciting the rest of the week is planned - I'm always up for pleasant surprises, though. Bring 'em on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I left a message on your website, however, I wanted to make sure you know that we're looking for you!

Mark and Susan Ross
678-482-5790

Hope you feel better soon:)