Thursday, January 20, 2005

Oy With the Poodles Already!

A dear friend of mine and I had a conversation years ago. I was annoyed with a guy (big shock) and made some crass comment like All Men Are Bastards (French Kiss is an excellent movie) and she started to laugh. And said, "No, all men are poodles." It was so ludicrous, but it was funny as hell. If you think about it, it's SO true. Nothing against men or poodles, but it has become a regular quote for me since then. I do my best not to lump all men into one category - while most men are similar in nature, they really aren't all alike...all the time.

Yesterday was a weird one for me and I think it had something to do with the way it started out. I think my light-headedness kind of carried me through the day. The day seemed filled with poodles...am I giving off some kind of vibe or something?

Last night I actually slept a little bit, but it was a bizarre sleep again. Very strange dreams and I would look at the clock every 30 minutes or so. I wouldn't say I am well-rested or anything, but more rested than yesterday. Unfortunately, my dreams were rated such that I cannot share them here.

So finally it is Thursday, and apparently my boss returns to the office today. I'm hoping he is well rested and relaxed so that he is unable to sully my most-excellent mood of the past few days.

What is next for me? Well, it is a crazy day today - I have many meetings and lots of work to get done. But there is a general lack of motivation going on. Isn't it Saturday yet? Please?

Although, Saturday means no more lobster... :( However, it does mean Robert's and drinking and Shawn singing...(sigh)...decisions, decisions....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.