Monday, January 24, 2005

The Simple Joy of Being Surprised By Life

Argh - how did it get to be Monday again???

So Sunday was pretty boring. I basically sat in my apartment and did laundry and dishes - so SAD!

Surprisingly, I was not in the least bit hungover from Saturday night. Not sure how that happened, but certainly I am not complaining. What a cool day! I watched crap on my TiVo and straightened up a bit (I have all week to get my place presentable for the poker gang).

My phone was silent all day (yeah!) and I heard none of my neighbors. WOW! I dumped more music on my iPod (that yes, is working beautifully) and I did NO work work. Sometimes I just love Sundays. The only way it would have been better is if I had been in bed with a warm body (preferably Gerard Butler or Zach Braff) considering it was like 20 degrees outside. Thank god for heat.

So today should be interesting...I'm still in a fabulous mood and am not in a rush to get to the weekend yet. We have a screening on Wednesday of Hide and Seek (which I have an extra pass for) and I guess I am looking forward to that.

But truly, you know what I really need...HOCKEY! I was thinking about this all yesterday and decided although Gwinnett is only 30 minutes away, the Macon Trax is much more fun. My buddy Joe Suk is the GM and will give me photo passes, plus then I can see my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin (if I time it right). Here is the trouble. The next home games are Friday and Saturday (Friday I know I will be beat, plus I have to prepare for poker night) and Saturday, of course, the gang is coming over so I can steal all their money from them. Then my next choice is Tuesday, February 1st (then I can take Wednesday off), which may actually be the best time to do it. Fridays are SO hard trying to get south in Georgia traffic - it would take me way too long. So now I can't decide. I'm emailing Suky today to see what he suggests. Personally, I would be content to drive to Orlando to see Christopher, but alas, they are not playing this year.

So what is next on the agenda? I have a morning call monitoring session with India and I still have random pop-ups on this computer. Not a good way to start my work week...I need a pleasant surprise today...I'm not sure what that should be, but something. I'm not asking for flowers (been there, done that, been embarrassed by), just something nice and unexpected...hmmmmmmmmmm

1 comment:

abbey said...

wow! on your profile it says you're a world without sundays fan!! thats so cool!! do you post on their board? gotta love those boys. how'd you hear them?

abbey
http://www.curbsidedown.blogspot.com