Sunday, January 16, 2005

For Your Consideration

Another crazy day in the Lindy weekend. The day started out slow, mostly waiting for my body to bounce back after our evening at Roberts. Wow, it just doesn't bounce back like it used to.

Anyway, Angie and I ate some lunch, ran some errands, then went for coffee hoping that it would help kick us into high gear. We had lots of conversations through the day about past relationships (boys) and stupid things we have done, etc. My head kept coming back to one place and somehow we would end up on that topic again. I'm sure you are thinking "oh, more lobster talk," but actually no. This is a lobster of a different sort. Until I can come up with something better, Lobster2. 'Nuff said!

So we decided we should go and visit our friend Shawn again at Roberts (what the hell, why not?). So we headed up there and hung out watching the Falcons kick the crap out of the Rams. There were some cuties at the bar that were apparently intrigued by me and so that was fun. As it got later and later, we were getting drunker and drunker. Apparently, since we hadn't eaten dinner, and lunch was over around 230pm, the alcohol hit us hard. We were a mess. Too bad Shawn showed up towards the end of my buzz. He would have been entertained.

Shawn came in, said he was over at CJ's playing, why didn't I call him? Ummm, duh, didn't know that's where he was. So he hung out for a few and then the masses started pouring in. The 'Coons game was over and therefore the world came out to play. Some cute blonde was playing his guitar and singing (I have no idea who he was, but he was good). We enjoyed the music and were singing along in our booth. Everytime we have been to Roberts, we have ended up in the same booth. It should permanently be ours, I think. But Angie always has to sit facing the door or she might go postal!

So we hung out until about 2am or so. Not exactly sure, but suddenly it was evident that Angie needed to go to bed (way too drunk for her own good - she did some drunk dialing) and I needed air - a lot of air...and space. We booked and didn't even say goodbye (I'm guessing I may pay for that later). We walked out with more cute boys who made sure we got to the car alright (chivalry must not be dead).

I turned on the car and then sat there for a few minutes. Angie was concerned that I was drunk and shouldn't be driving, but I assure you I had sobered up plenty. I drove the drunk girl home and made sure she was able to get through her front door, and then I went for a drive...a very long drive. If I could have, I would have driven to the mountains, or a lake and sat there pondering life.

Some weird shit happened to me this weekend and it makes me think...a lot. Have I spent the last 10 years working hard, having relationships, moving to California, only to end up at the beginning? Was this my journey...my quest? How is it in just a few short days, I find my way back home, not realizing that I had been away from it? Do we leave life up to chance? Do we fight for the things we want or the things we need? I think I have either lost my mind, or actually found it. I feel as if my skin is the only thing keeping me from going everywhere at once.

Enough rambling. Today should be a good day. I will it to be so. Ahh, if I only had that power.

My heart going boom boom boom
"Hey" he said "Grab your things I've come to take you home." --Peter Gabriel

No comments: