Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Just Another Manic Wednesday

Okay, the weird week continues. I am still not really sleeping at night, but apparently have no problem dozing off on my sofa when I get home from work. Also, this seems to be when my phone rings as well. I never sleep through my phone ringing...what the hell is up with me, anyway?

Yesterday was pretty uneventful - I sent out an Evite for a little gathering at Robert's this weekend. I actually did get some work done and attended a couple of meetings. It has been so nice and quiet; I have enjoyed this SO much.

The little bit of time I spent sleeping last night I had some very odd dreams - I wish I could explain them but I don't really understand them myself. I'm not sure what it going on in my head these days, but at least when I am awake I am in a fabulous mood. Someone accused me yesterday of "getting’ some" this weekend - unfortunately, no...but at least my great mood keeps me from being annoyed by that! I'm not usually in a bad mood, I'm just not outwardly giddy as I seem to be right now. Angie is amused by my attitude these days - glad I can keep her laughing.

So this morning, I got to have an MRI done on my knee. My doctor, affectionately known as Rosencrantz, needs to figure out our next course of action and so he needs to see inside my knee to do so. No big deal, but I am very claustrophobic. Rosencrantz gave me a Valium to take 30 minutes before the procedure. But when the lady called to make the appointment, she said that since it was my knee, I would only be in the machine halfway, so claustrophobia should not be an issue. Oh why did I listen to her?

So luckily, they had The Killers CD on to keep me distracted - complete with headphones. Nice. But I was almost completely in the machine - with my arms raised over my head to reduce the closed in feeling - and oh, by the way, don't move for 30 minutes. Sheesh! So basically, I meditated for 30 minutes and concentrated hard on thinking about things I have done recently - playing poker, seeing movies, etc. By the time we were finished, I sat up and was really light-headed. So I drove into work - nice, huh?

So I came to work and jumped right in. I got to see a friend I haven't seen in months and all the cuties around here look good today. Overall, not a bad day at work so far :)

No comments: