Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Only I Would Get a Faulty iPod

I have wanted an iPod for months and months, then the other day, Angie calls me and says "Hey, I got a free iPod!" which you know, bugs me because life isn't fair - haha.

Anyway, on my way home, I stopped and bought a Silver iPod mini and went home and attempted to breach the perimeter at Fort Knox. Have you seen this packaging? I mean, seriously, lots of little plastic protectors and even bar codes on the twist-ties on the firewire and USB cables - enough already!

Anyway, around 8pm, instead of turning on 24, I went upstairs to my office and started installing this thing. I was using USB (did I mention I do not have USB 2.0 on my computer) and it was taking forever. Silly me, I actually have 2 firewire ports on the back of my machine - stupid, Lindy.

So somehow, not sure how, but I get to iTunes and start ripping and importing music, but no matter what I imported, it didn't appear on the iPod - I even called Angie for Tech Support (usually it is the other way around). After all, she should be the expert after 1 day with her own device, right?

In the middle of all of this, my niece, Maggie, calls me because she wants to talk to me, but she starts crying, and then sobbing and I have no idea why. It was heart-breaking. So I told her she could call me back when she felt better and she said she would. Oh well.

By 11pm, I had given up. I went through my normal routines and found that the iPod wouldn't format. Clearly a faulty unit. So I packed it all up and now, must face the Best Buy challenge at some point today (post-work, pre-Elektra). Fort Knox is sealed up (sorta) with lots of plastic gone and little barcodes trashed. Not much I can do about that.

Then Maggie called back to tell me all about her yellow pajamas and her crocodile book and how she would share her book with me when I came to her home (hint, hint). It made my night, but seriously, I was still bummed about the iPod.

So today, on my "lunch break" I ran up to Bestbuy and swapped it out. I told them the harddrive was bad and he swapped it out without hesitation and no fighting...makes one worry doesn't it?

No comments: