Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I Need a New Point of View

Here I sit, at work, listening to my iPod, trying to get work done very unsuccessfully. I had another long sleepless night and so I had a lot of time to ponder everything.

Seems to me that I have had a pretty cool life so far. I think I sell myself short quite a bit. I'm stuck in this haze of reminiscence and it all seems to bring a smile to my face. So what is going on with me exactly? It's day 18 in 2005 and not only have I only seen 2 movies (weird, I know), but there is no hockey (gasp) to distract me. Did I become boring, or something? I dunno, but it seems very odd.

Again, don't take this for a complaint - at all! Between being on the road with hockey teams, bands, and having an uncle who owned a really cool bar, I have plenty of great stories to tell (some embarassing ones about myself included) and a lot of fabulous friends that I wouldn't trade for the world.

The biggest problem with not having seen movies is that anyone reading this is forced to read my personal ramblings about men and work instead of my wicked cool movie reviews. Lanny did always tell me I should be the Movie Diva - I think I may lose my title soon (heaven for fend).

So what's with the goofy grin you may ask? Well let's see...my boss is on vacation until Thursday (score!) and a friend is coming in to town tonight for a couple of days. Also, I have not heard from Chris since my chit-chat with him regarding the Flower Incident of 2004. Could it be that he finally understands? Man, I hope so. I have reconnected with a dear friend and I'm about to turn 32! Okay wait, that doesn't exactly put a smile on my face...hahaha. I have a killer best friend who looks out for my needs and wants and somewhat keeps me sane and grounded. Wow - my life is in pretty good shape. NICE!

Now, what is missing? My creative outlets seem to have stagnated. Photography, cooking, singing...I remember when I used to do those things! All my energy seems to be drained from my being by the end of the work day. I need to start working to get some of that back...and quickly. Therefore, I'm focusing on a new point of view - starting today.

Life is great! I am a blessed person and I'm grabbing life by the balls (okay maybe a bit crude for me, but I can't think of another way to put it)! 100% positive outlook...I've missed the smiling, giddy Lindy. She has been hiding somewhere (probably back in California with Maggie). I'm a Gold Medallion - I can fly to San Francisco whenever I like!

Therefore, the theme for 2005 has been determined. I don't need any lucky pennies, no stardust, just good thoughts and lots of looking to the future.

No comments: