Monday, February 07, 2005

They Shoot Computers, Don't They?

Let's start with the rest of the weekend DVDs:

Bell Book and Candle
Practical Magic
Grease

Okay, that's out of the way...on with my Sunday. So it was a decent day. I pretty much finished my laundry (I have to fold one more load) and then headed to my parents house with my sickly computer in hand. Basically, in 3 years I have run 2 different, self-built, Shuttles into the ground. No big deal, except I cannot seem to function on my home computer the last couple of weeks. Lots of speculation as to if it was the computer, or some software or hardware problems. I could be doing anything at all, or nothing at all, and the system would lock up and I could only hit the reset button to reboot.

My brother insisted it was iTunes or my iPod causing the problem. I was convinced it was my LinkStation wireless server he gave me for Christmas...apparently, it was just the motherboard trying to tell me it was tired and wanted to lay down and take a permanent nap...not nice.

So after we couldn't get it to boot at all, we determined that the computer was dead and should be shot for good measure (only after I take out my DVD-RW drive and harddrive. I ordered a new box (BioStar), processor (P4 Prescott 3E) and memory and get to spend my Wednesday night (if everything shows up) building a new computer. Wahoo.

I placed my order and then went to the kitchen to cook hot wings in preparation for the Big Game - I make damn fine hot wings ;) While waiting for the game to start, my mother and I finished off the last 4 weeks of New York Times Sunday Crossword Puzzles - that was a good brain tease.

The game started and so did the commercials. The game was much more interesting than last year and at least my boss should be in a killer mood since his team won.

It is hard to pick a commercial, there were some funny ones and some really stupid ones. The Tabasco bathing suit was funny and I didn't see that one coming. The Mustang commercial was really funny...the first time. By the 4th time, I was tired of it. Nothing else really jumped out that I can remember, but the Yeknom Industries ones were worth a snigger or two (I think the real advertiser was careerbuilder.com).

Overall, not a bad weekend. I was so ready for sleep by the time I got home that I crashed almost immediately. Nothing too exciting going on this week that isn't lobster-related. We have a couple of movie screenings next week to attend.

So it's Monday and only Vanessa and I showed up on our team. Everyone else is sick (hung over from Super Bowl weekend) or on vacation. We are too dedicated!

A little Kerstin funny for the day: Did you hear about the fly that flew through a screen door?

He strained himself.

No comments: