Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I’m Sorry, Have I Ever Been Mistaken For a Patient Person?

Actually, I am usually pretty patient, but man, I had to wait ALL day for my car to get fixed. But here is what is classic about the whole thing - the dealership called me to tell me instead of just needing to get my key/ignition repaired, I needed about $1500 worth of work done. PLEASE!

So I call my usual service guy (I try and steer clear of the dealership as they like to rip me off) and told him all the things the dealership tried to tell me I needed. He laughed and explained that half to work was done last July and if they weren't so lazy, they would test the fluids, etc and see that they are fine. He explained that they usually just look and if it looks gross, they try and charge you like $100 a fluid to flush it out and replace...no thanks! Also, my guy is at a Goodyear place and can get me a much better deal on tires than the $600 that Jeep quoted me.

I called Jeep back and told them, no, no, no, just had that done, I have a tire guy, and I want a second opinion. Basically, just do the work I asked you to do. So what they quoted to me would take 3 hours tops, took from 11am to 4pm - geez! And they had the car at like 5pm the night before...slackers!

$240 later and my car will start - YEAH! Otherwise, work was insane. I mean, I had an open day I had blocked out to do some work and I barely got to it. My boss wasn't around and therefore I got hijacked to work on something that isn't even my bailiwick...NICE! Stupid team who sends their ENTIRE staff out of town when they are in the middle of a big project and then I have to pick up the slack? What the fuck is that? My boss probably wouldn't be too happy about this one.

Anyway, it was nice and quiet otherwise. The usual people that like to distract me all day were not around (not that I don't like these people, but just fewer interruptions). Some were sick, some were out on vacation, some were in an offsite meeting :). I did learn new cool Excel tricks - always loving the new cool Excel tricks - Heather rocks!

Lots of Lobster communications yesterday - always enjoyable and makes me rethink my decision last week...but I'm still sure I did the right thing...maybe.

Now I am trying to decide what I want to do this weekend...I'm thinking it's time for a complete veg-out session. No phones, no computers, no people - just movies and junk food. Sounds like heaven, right? Yeah, I'm thinking about it. It's not me though - I'm totally a people person and enjoy hanging out and having fun. I'm just in this state of flux right now and not sure what to do about it. I'm thinking I need to make some changes, but I don't know what those changes would even be.

I need a poker night - somehow I need to work that one out, but I think we have all just gotten too busy and it makes it impossible. ARGH!

Today should be an okay day - we'll see. Is it next week yet? I just want to get to next week when like half the office is out of the office and it should be really quiet again. Then, before you know it...March 10th and MAGGIE!! Yahoo!

Okay - back to work, kids.

No comments: