Sunday, February 20, 2005

No, This is Your Party...

You do not work -- you lounge and mock those who are. Have I taught you nothing? --Loreli Gilmore

So today was the day - woo hoo...no fanfare, no party, but there was cake. Gotta love the cake. Especially when you have a mom as kick ass as mine who says "name it, I'll make it." So in my fridge I have this Cappucchino Delight that may be the greatest cake of all time...until it is all gone and the next poor cake comes along and needs love, needs affection, needs a big glass of milk to keep it company...

Today wasn't bad - the first part of the day was nothing. I sewed for Maggie and I napped (back/body still in agony) and I watched a little TV/Movie action and then I finished my laundry.

Wow - I sound SO depressing and sad...but I'm not. I have friends, a lot them, I think, but nor exacly the type to plan a party, schedule a get-together, organize a crappy store-bought cake at work for the people around us. Seriously, this is not meant to depress (not a fan of the store bought cake) - this is meant as an affirmation for me. I do things for people without being asked...I rarely say no to anything and I usually go out of my way no matter now inconvenient it might be (like picking my boss up on a Monday morning to take him to work). And you know what, I never expect anything in return - that's not why I do it. I am just a nice person who wants to step in and be helpful wherever possible and fix what needs mending and throw away what's broken.

My point is this - you do things for people because you want to - not so you will get it back later on. If I expected stuff back , I think I would be disappointed most of the time - but sometimes people just suprise me.

Happy Birthday to me - Maggie called me to tell me Happy Birthday and that is all that matters...plus my mom and I made a pretty kick ass dinner...all while watching the Daytona 500 - oh look, Jeff Gordon won...again...shocker!

More weekend DVDs:
Star Trek Nemesis
X-Men

No comments: