Saturday, February 05, 2005

I Am a Lone Reed

I am truly a gregarious person really, but some times...some days, I don't mind being at home alone, at the movies alone, running around town alone. There is something to be said for not having to make decisions by committee and doing whatever you like. However, for me this is short-lived. I usually don't last too long until I crave human contact.

Yesterday, Angie and I ran some errands together - my work candy stash was horribly depleated and Angie decided she needed a new LCD for her new snazzy computer. No one saw that coming ;)

Afterwards, I enjoyed a night of TV and movies and stitching for my soon to be new niece/nephew coming in May. I watched several flicks on the dish - I pay for movie channels I might as well watch them. Then I returned to my DVD path...
Mystery, Alaska
Proof of Life
You've Got Mail
The Shop Around the Corner

Basically, I went from one of my men to another. Anyway, it was a great Saturday and I really enjoyed myself, even though I had to cancel poker night...all of our schedules are getting too crazy - I'm dying for some Hold 'Em.

Now it is almost Sunday - the Big Game is here. I'm headed to my parents for hot wings and some computer work for Silver Service Chef.

So a knee update - for those of you who are interested - my knee is killing me. Friday it was better - I wasn't skipping or jumping, but hobbling was minimal. Today, it hurt more but decided no more heavy drugs. But to add to that, my back is killing me. I think I am sleeping too long or something and my back thinks I should get my ass out of bed. But hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day. Keep your fingers and toes crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a Japanese who saw the American movie "You've Got Mail" Please tell me the real meaning of "a lone reed" repeatedly said by Frank and Kathleen. I know that "reed" is a kind of grasses, but means anything else? Thank you.