Thursday, February 03, 2005

I Can't Even Read My Own Handwriting. What Does This Say?

Drugs are good...drugs are fun...drugs make me sleepy.

Here I am at work...shhhh, don't tell my doctor. I have my cane and am habbling around only when necessary. Damn, I should have stayed in bed today.

So today should be very interesting. My brain is just not working right now and I'm not sure what to do about that. I type something and then read it and it makes no sense to me - I think this could be detremental to my company. I could bring down the whole place with one false move and not even realize it. WOW!

Okay, so yesterday I did not have the umph to post about the Macon trip - so I figure today is as good a day as any.

Angie and I had a nice trip down south. It took close to two hours because of traffic, but this is why we travel together - plenty to talk about and similar tastes in music. The iPod was hooked up and we jammed all the way down there.

We got in around 5:45pm and headed to the Centreplex to get our passes, but they raised the price of parking from $2 to $5 - OMG! Way too much to pay once, so I was certainly NOT going to pay that twice. So we gave up and went looking for the restaurant on Cherry. Apparently, I drove past it twice before realizing where it was. We got there at the same time as Alan, my uncle and we hung out with him and caught up while we waited for Kim and William.

So they showed up and as they were walking to the resaturant, William had a mini-breakdown because he was thinking he was going to a pizza place for dinner. I think we figured out that William, although only 4 years old, is hypoglycemic. As soon as he had 3 drops of tomato soup and a bite of a pizza chip, he was giddy and happy and very pleasant at the table. It was just a problem getting to that point - he was not a happy camper.

We had a very nice dinner - it wasn't Perlino's, but it was a very nice Italian meal - especially for being in Macon, Georgia.

After dinner, we headed back to the Centreplex for some hockey...hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey. We walked in, got our passes and as we walked through the turnstile, there was our buddy Joe Suk. I walked up to him and leaned on him and it was like not a day had passed - Suky is the greatest. He is on my top ten list of favorite people. No, I do not think I will ever post this list as it may hurt some feelings and that is not my style at all.

So we caught up with Joe for the first period (we were 15 minutes late too) and then went to our "spot" to shoot the game. Wow - so odd. It was like old home week and very surreal. We shot the game and Suky came and hung out with us for most of it. He caught us up on players from the old days and we filled him on people we knew about (okay, he totally had us beat). So then I saw a familiar face on the ice, but it wasn't a player.

A Linesman (on of the refs) looked really familiar. So I asked Joe his name and when he told it to me the little light went on over my head. Of course it was Gene. Joe explained that, of course, I knew him, he refed games for the Whoopee. But no, I said...he was a Linesman for the Knights. Joe quickly responded that Gene wasn't old enough to have refed in Atlanta...Oh yee of little faith. Picture number 2 - Gene in the background. I love when I'm right :D

At the start of the 3rd period, Gene came up to the glass and mouthed "Don't I know you?" I nodded yes and he directed me to the door to the ice. He immediately said "Your name is like Lindsay, but that isn't right." I corrected him and he remembered that I had a website of my pictures. I gave him the address - Hey Gene, if you are reading this now - and off he skated. I snapped a couple of shots of him during face-offs - hopefully I will have them posted soon.

Over all it was a great night and we enjoyed seeing old friends. We have already talked about going back at the end of the month for a Sunday game, going down early enough so Angie can skate and we can have Fresh-Air BBQ

So Macon 7-2 - YEAH!

Anyway, today sucks. I'm hobbly and not allowed to walk around. I would give anything to take a nap right about now and I am dying for a bottle of water...drugs make me parched...

Hopefully, tomorrow I will be jumping and skipping about.

No comments: