Sunday, February 13, 2005

The Saga of the Gift Card

Hey kids - Happy Sunday!

First off - the DVD path continues:
Grease 2 (yes I own this - hush)
One Fine Day
Hope Floats
While You Were Sleeping
Independence Day
Star Trek Generations

So yesterday was good - I did my best to crash this machine by loading about 200 songs onto my iPod...all is well. YEAH! Then I ran some errands, changed my air filters and did some work on my soon-to-be-niece/nephew's present.

Angie and I grabbed dinner again yesterday as again we both hadn't eaten all day. We went to Olive Garden as it is right around the corner and seemed easy (plus Angie was craving Italian food). So we had a nice dinner and about 2/3 through, a waitress walked past and dropped an OG gift card on the floor right by our table. None of the 80 waiters who walked past noticed...none of them. Some even looked down and just seemed to ignore it. It became a running joke to us - how long would it take for someone to notice?

So meanwhile, a waitress (I'm guessing this was the same one that dropped the card) is whining to the manager about a table of hers and said things like "they wanna talk to you" and "he won't do it, he's mad." So I'm guessing that the girl dropped the gift card and went back telling the table that they actually had to pay their bill. I'm sure they came back with something about they had put a gift card in the wallet and this chick probably thought it was some kind of scam. (Don't you love how I worked this all out in my head).

So there was a cute waiter, Paul, that Angie had been checking out all night. My intention was to call his attention so she could watch him pick it up - I AM evil :D - but he was nowhere to be found, of course. So finally, one of the hostesses walked up and asked if it was ours, and I explained that a waitress dropped it from the check wallet - so she picked it up and walked away. What's funny is, the manager was running around like a madman and getting his business card for this table and the waitress was walking around muttering to herself all mad. And the hostess didn't seem to communicate with the manager on this. I'm curious what the resolution was, but I have no idea. All I know, is it was good entertainment.

Otherwise, it was a quiet night. I watched a little TV and did more stitching. Nothing too exciting on my Sunday agenda either...I'm so boring on the weekends!

Later Kats!

No comments: