Monday, February 14, 2005

Sometimes I Feel Like an Arse...

So about halfway through my Sunday, I started thinking about how little I did this weekend and that seemed wrong in some way - like there was something I was supposed to do. Mikey's Birthday Party! I suck - no question about it. I completely forgot about it and I was looking forward to it. I'm not going to make excuses, but I think I know what happened.

1) I didn't put it in my brain (aka, the Treo). At least then a reminder would have gone off.

2) The invitation was sent to my work email. I took a vacation day Friday and therefore refused to look at work anything. So when the reminder went out on Friday, I never saw it :(

3) Angie wasn't planning on going, so my back up to my back up couldn't serve as a reminder this time.

No wonder I don't have a lot of friends I hang out with - I'm a flake. It explains why the last get-together I threw only 6 people or so showed up. Dude! Not cool.

Okay - new leaf. I'm gonna be there when I say I am gonna be there. I need to post a calendar at home, right by my door and make sure and write shit on it. Look, I'm the girl who remembers birthdays and always surprise people. But I cannot remember a shin-dig that I am actually interested in going to (let's face it, people invite me to things that aren't always my speed, but I try to go anyway if a friend is hosting).

So the rest of Sunday was fine after I quit beating myself up over this. I stitched, I cleaned (a little), I napped (sad) and I did some menu planning for the catering company. Then I came home, settled in, drooled over Chris Noth playing Mike Logan again (after a 10 year absence) on "Law & Order: Criminal Intent". I'm hoping he becomes a regular addition to the show. Who cares that he is 50 - he's HOT!

That's all for Sunday. My morning didn't start out too good - my car wouldn't start. The problem is the ignition - the key or the pins are worn to where about every third time, I cannot turn the key in the lock - it's like I put the wrong key in to try and start it. I need to call around today and see how long it would take and who can do it...(sigh).

In honor of the day (and since no purple roses will be showing up for me today), I had to include a funny ;)

A very shy guy goes into a pub on Valentine's Day night and sees a beautiful woman sitting alone at the bar. After an hour of gathering up his courage he finally goes over to her and asks tentatively, "Um, would you mind if I brought you a drink?" She responds by yelling, at the top of her lungs, "No, I won't sleep with you tonight!"

Everyone in the pub is now staring at them. Naturally, the guy is hopelessly and completely embarrassed and he slinks back to his table totally red faced.

After a few minutes, the woman walks over to him and apologizes. She smiles at him and says, "I'm really sorry if I embarrassed you just then. You see, I'm a graduate student in psychology and I'm studying how people respond to embarrassing situations."

To which he responds, at the top of his lungs, "What do you mean $200?!?!"

No comments: