Tuesday, May 31, 2005

At a Loss for Words...

So I am back at work today - ooooo fun!

I am bored...I'm tired of this big project, which I should have been done with already and getting back to my usual work is not a draw of any kind.

So I decided to read some other blogs (big mistake)...and have managed to distract myself for a bit. But now - I am actually annoyed.

It is tough when no names are used to figure out who someone is referring to, but I need to set the record straight about something...pardon me while I quote another blog:

1) I needed a change – ok, so this is the main reason I moved. I needed to do something different with my life and this was it. I’m done trying to justify it. I did what I had to do for my own sanity and happiness. People who don’t get it probably never will, and people who do get it don’t need me to explain it…

This better not be talking about me - even when being treated like dirt, I still supported the decision, all I did was question the timing (1 year from 2 months paid vacation). Hell - I did the same thing 3 years ago - the only difference was I was moving towards family and had a job to move to (a net of sorts), whereas Angie did it netless. It's funny how you can be best friends with someone for 11 years and then they turn on you like bad dairy products.

I am hopeful this will work out, but considering the last phone conversation we had she blew me off and that was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard a lick since. No updates from the road...no emails...just blog posts with little mention of anything positive directed at friends (sorries and a little guilt, but over all nonchalance).

So I apologize to the rest of you for this ranting post - but I want something made clear...

I did nothing to you but support you. I tried to make plans to hang out before you left and was summarily dismissed and ignored. No one got a chance to say goodbye and those that wanted to were deeply hurt. Those that sort-of got the chance (you promised them a lunch before you left town) were also hurt. Don't make promises you aren't going to keep. If you wanted to sever all ties, then don't act the opposite. This solitude you have created is of your own doing and it would not make you less of a person to admit you need friends. Your last 6 months of holing up in your apartment playing video games at least got some of us used to you being gone, but didn't do much to keep friends when you left. At work, you left a team of people who looked up to you and respected you behind wondering why you didn't even say word one to them before walking out the door for the last time. And when they look to me for explanation - my only response is that I got the same brush off. I'm over it. I have been over it. One day you may want to mend fences or bridges and for that I would hope our friendship is one of them, but I am not holding my breath. You find yourself - I have always encouraged you to do so - I just didn't mean at the expense of friendships you have spent years building.

Okay - sorry everyone, apparently I was not at a loss for words, but it had to be said.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming!!

Love y'all ;)

No comments: