Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Sofa's Choice

Yesterday was day 203 of hell project and things keep being broken or needing a new process. It's been exhausting and I'm SO over it.

The one good thing about Angie moving (and let's face it, her invasion-of-the-body-snatchers-turn was not a highlight), was I got her sofa which she had no room for. This is perfect timing as my parents were taking back their sofa that I have been using for 3 years. In exchange, my mom said she would pay to recover this sofa, including fabric that I picked out - that's guilt for leaving me sofa-less.

So a few weeks ago, the hunt began for fabric. I ended up with something pretty cool - black corduroy with an embossed pattern of serpentine.

Well, yesterday it was delivered while I was at work. I came home, completely beat and in need of a nap. I walked into the apartment and there it was - complete with spotlight and angels signing from above...okay, not really, but it felt like it.

Here is the problem - it looks nothing like the sofa that was given to me - it is completely rebuilt, restuffed (no more Teemu scratch marks) and it looks sorta fancy. I was afraid to actually sit on it. I was absolutely amazed that the job Mr. Han (my upholstery guy) did with it...it's like brand new!

Well, with all that excitement (yes, I am that lame), I was wide awake and could not nap. So I spent the evening watching the last 4 hours of 24 and sewing. It was a great night for me and quite relaxing.

Now I am really wishing I had taken that nap!! My new sofa is calling my name :)

Back to work for my half-day before the big Strategy bowling outing where I cannot bowl and have to watch while my co-workers get to have all the fun without me.

No comments: