Sunday, May 22, 2005

Fuel Injection

Shot #2 and I'm still alive - but not kicking!

Let me just tell you that I think the doc hit a nerve the first time around. This one hurt, but not nearly as much as last week.

My angel of mercy took me to and from the doctor and even cracked some jokes with him to help keep my mind off the big needle...did I mention that Heather rocks?

Anyway, she got me all set up at home - laid out on the sofa, leg propped up, ice pack on, remote controls close and ready to nap for hours...which I did.

My day consisted of drinking water, taking pain pills, barely eating and watching DVDs of TV Shows (a good hint, these you don't have to get up and change discs as often). I did some cross-stitch and slept some more. I did as little as possible since my sofa (for this last weekend) is too low for my bad knees.

All was well Saturday too. I basically repeated Friday except I had to run one errand. But I kept it short and sweet and got right back on the sofa. I slept a lot, especially since the good drugs tend to throw off my sleep pattern so much that I find myself taking 6 naps a day and not sleeping through the night...

Oh well, only a little more than a week left of this!

No comments: