Thursday, May 26, 2005

Bowling for Strategy

So bowling was fun on Tuesday, but it would have been more fun if I could have bowled. I did manage to forget my pain for a couple of hours, but I was mad popping pills towards the end.

It was pretty funny to see the group interact, even though Mandy and I still don't speak and she looked like she couldn't wait for it to end. Everyone else was entertaining - especially Kyle - you just know he was the class clown.

Most people were picking on my boss, but he seemed to take it in stride and have fun with the ribbing. All-in-all, it wasn't a bad day.

My bowling position was outsourced to a Sales guy, but he was a pretty decent bowler and scored about what I would have each game - they called me a ringer, but I wasn't really.

Yesterday wasn't too bad - painful, but tolerable. I am really ready to get this last shot taken care of and move on. This has been no bowl of cherries and I am seriously happy to get it resolved. Tick-tock.

Now, as a side note, I have to say that I am in a really good mood despite the pain and the crappiness that keeps being dumped on me (no one lives for me, but me). Things are going well at work, despite being insane, my boss is appreciative and keeps telling me how impressed he has been. Thank goodness for him - I might revolt otherwise.

I will say that things are good, except for the pain. Plus, only 2 weeks until Maggie and Will - so I am happy as a clam.

339 days until sabbatical

No comments: