Monday, May 23, 2005

Welcome to the Dark Side

Movie Review: Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

Clearly, George Lucas made Episodes I and II just to get to III.

I was very happy with this installment and felt like I was 10 years old again. I think he made up for I and II with this well put together bridge between the old and new trilogies. I loved everything from the opening bars of the Star Wars Theme, to the first Vader breath. They explained a lot of things that make the transistion from 3 to 4 almost seemless...maybe one or two loose ends that will be covered by George's 2006 TV series.

All-in-all, it was a great show and I am dying to see it again!

The day was a lot of fun too. Kerstin and Kim were great fun to hang out with and enjoyed the movie just as much as I did (okay - moreso Kerstin than Kim, but Kerstin is an SW geek like I am). Afterwards we had a great dinner at a Mexican place (authentic - the menu was all in Spanish!). Thanks guys :)

I went home, propped my leg back up (okay, so the knee hated me all through the movie and dinner, but I had so much fun I tried to ignore it) and watched more DVDs and some TiVo stuff. I finally went to bed around midnight and woke up and was wide awake from about 330am on. It sucks, but this is what the drugs do to me.

So I am at work - cleaning up the aftermath from my big project and hoping for the end of the day to get here soon so I can go home and prop up my leg on my new sofa.

Later all!

No comments: