Friday, May 06, 2005

Where There's a Will...

A baby Will to be specific!

My new nephew has arrived! He was born on Friday afternoon in California and is as cute as can be. He is 7 pounds, 4 ounces and 20 inches long (my exact dimensions when I was born 32 years ago). He has a full head of black hair and has been introduced to his big sister, Maggie. I'm very excited and cannot wait to get my hands on him and be Aunt D for a second time.

However, it makes me long for California. The last time this happened I picked up and moved cross-country and now I am sorry I moved back. Don't get me wrong, I am happy being back in Georgia near my parents and everything, but I hate that Will won't know me like Maggie does. I have to keep on making my quarterly trips to SFO to keep it up.

Otherwise, it has been quite a Friday. I cooked all day getting ready for the Kentucky Derby Party my family has each year and my back and feet are killing me.

More to come on the party and the baby later on in the weekend!

No comments: