Monday, May 16, 2005

Bumpin' and Grindin'

After the phone call I just received - it is a two-post day.

When my dad and I went outside to get in his car on Saturday, I noticed that there was a puddle under my car...it looked rainbow-like, so I knew it was probably not water. My dad sniffed around under my car and determined it was gasoline.

Now, I have a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport and I love it to death...to death is pretty close to the truth apparently.

So I dropped the car off at my trusty Goodyear Gemini location and left the keys on Sunday night. I get to drive my dad's Mercedes for a day or two - yahoo!

So Tom from Goodyear just called to tell me the damage. They had to remove the gas tank to figure out the problem and found that the fuel pump assembly was cracked. This must have happened when the rear shocks blew and I took the Jeep off-roading...
Yeah, I don't off-road in that thing - it isn't a 4x4.

No clue how this happened. I have been searching the ol' memory banks and cannot find a single instance where this might have happened. Here is the damage:

New Fuel Pump Assembly
Rear Shocks
Oil and Filter Change
Air Filter Change
New Windshield Wipers
Passenger-Side Brake Light Replacement
Labor for all the above

$1139 (oh yeah, plus tax!)

Damn! That hurts! Plus the $40 per week for these damn shots (and 10% on top of that) and I need a 3rd job just to keep up.

Okay - off to earn my paycheck in a 2-hour meeting...fun, fun!

No comments: