Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Nut Allergy Jokes Aren't Funny

Movie Review: Monster-in-Law

I will say that after 15 years away from the big screen, Jane Fonda still has it. She was great and the over-the-top, insanely jealous, borderline psychotic mother to ulti-hottie Michael Vartan (Did I mention he plays hockey?).

I don't mind J Lo in these romantic comedies. She is actually pretty good for these types of roles, but I didn't pick up on any chemistry between her and Michael...okay, maybe I am projecting and just want him for myself. :)

This movie was fun, but it needed more of the little fantasy snippets (Jane bashing J Lo's head into the table, etc). I think it would have carried more laughs and sustained the audience more. It was fun, but is a safe bet to add it to your Netflix queue instead of spending the $8 to go to the theatre, ss much as it pains me to day this (frankly, Michael is not on the big screen enough for my taste as it is). Personally, I wish the world would go see this so maybe he gets more movies.

For now, I think I have to wait until Wednesday nights at 9pm to get my Michael fix. Or maybe run across one of those celebrity hockey games he likes to play in (sigh).

I could be wrong, maybe this will do great $$ and he will start doing one of these a year? One can dream!

And a tip for the movie company, poisoning someone with nuts who is allergic, isn't a way to get laughs - especially when that same stunt pulled on me, would have caused my immediate death :(

And P.S. Some people suck! Can I just say that a friend of Angie's got to go to Skywalker Ranch last week and watch the George Lucas screening of SW3. That was bad enough until the jackass had to go and send a picture of him with Chewie and Darth and rub it in...why? That's just rude and he should apologize immediately for his insensitivity! Is it May 18th yet??????

No comments: