Friday, May 13, 2005

The Replacements

So it has happened...I have been replaced. It is an odd feeling really, but it's funny how I sort of knew this was coming for some time now.

So the question is, what is my game-plan? What am I going to do next? I haven't really figured that one out, but I figure that I have time. I mean, hell, I went it alone for 2 years in San Francisco, so this should be no different....it's just sad. The end of an era.

So today at work is kind of quiet (at least for now). I'm finishing up a few things I didn't get completed in my 10 straight hours yesterday, but over all it has been mostly about answering some questions. Boring, really.

The countdown beings to San Francisco and the new baby and lots of Maggie time. I can't wait. She keeps me young and honest and I like that a lot.

The rest of my day will suck, however. I'm getting a really BIG needle jabbed into my knee and motor oil pumped in - sounds exciting, doesn't it? Here is what is more exciting, I get to do it again the next two Fridays as well...Yippeee! Then I get to stay off my leg for the day - man I am bored already!

Good news is that I have plans with friends tomorrow night that should be a lot of fun. I am really looking forward to that :) These are friends I really treasure and am not sure I would still work at my current job (moving back to Atlanta), if I didn't have this big support system right in the office...it's a beautiful thing, really :)

Back to work, I guess. It's gonna be a long, painful, boring day and I might as well get it over with...

No comments: