Friday, October 29, 2004

What A Long Strange Trip Its Been...

...so this is my last day in the office here overseas. It has been quite a ride - ups, downs, weird food, snazzy hotel rooms, great people, goofiness overall.

It is currently Friday night here - 1015pm. The is THE holiday weekend in this part of the world as most people take off All Souls Day. The office is having a costume party tonight and alas, my Pink Lady costume is at my house in the States :( If I had known, I would have brought it with me. The halls are decorated and everyone really gets into the spirit. I makes me miss home more.

I think we are sight-seeing tomorrow. Which might be fun, even though there is something odd about doing "fun" things with your boss. Maybe it's the weird relationship I have with my current boss, but we just don't "get" each other at all. It causes for a sense of discomfort for sure.

So I didn't get enough sleep this morning - not in the slightest. I am dog-tired and wishing for 3pm so I can give my presentation and go back to bed. I have really enjoyed my time, but when it gets to be October, my life seems to hectic, that coming to the Philippines has seemed to throw me off my game. I'm ready for Thanksgiving with my family and to see Sweet Maggie Ming again. I cannot believe I am not Trick or Treating with her this year. So depressing. I don't even know what she is going as...I might make myself cry here in a minute.

So anyway, I'm sleepy, ready for some good ol' southern cooking - and a day off from work. I'm taking Tuesday off to go to the Pro-Am at the Tour Championship which will be a blast. I need to knock some dust off my camera and take some shots!

I guess I should get back to work - at least for now. I still need to post a rebuttal to Angie's take on my "rules" post...

No comments: