Thursday, October 28, 2004

We all breathe liquid for nine months, Bud...

Day 827 in The Philippines and man am I ready for my own bed. I have like 3 cricks in my neck and a hankering for some good old Southern Cooking. Mashed Potatoes, Country Fried Steak, Succotash - yum!

So I need to head home for another reason - basically, my lungs. It is really smoggy here and since this time yesterday, I am having serious breathing problems. It's like trying to push sludge in and out of my lungs. I feel like there is a Mack Truck parked on my chest right now - yuck!

So the plan is to work tonight and tomorrow night (Thursday and Friday business hours for you cats in the states) and then sleep a couple hours and then tour Old Manila. Cool idea, but touring with my boss - not my idea of fun. Jason will be there and he is a cool guy - fun to hang out with. Then apparently, they want to drink Saturday night and party and be stupid - tour the clubs, smoke cigars, etc. Thanks, but NO THANKS. I would like to get some sleep before I spend 18 hours getting back home again. I mean seriously, we would be drinking until it was time to go to the airport. I don't think so - even if it includes lobster.

So my hacking and coughing is driving me nuts - and I talk for hours on end in these presentations. I keep drinking bottled water like it is going out of style. The guys keep going to Starbucks, but I don't want to chance it. I hear the milk here is bad (so I have steered clear) and who knows what they may put in there for flavorings without your knowledge - with my luck, it would be nuts of some kind. I think I will stick with Perrier, bottled water and Orange Juice.

So we had Italian for breakfast (remember I am working nights) and it was pretty decent, but halfway through, I started feeling a bit ill. Not sure why, but I stopped eating to be safe. It must be all the bubbles from the Perrier or something. Now I feel better - but it was this weird feeling I can't explain. As we were leaving, we drove past this movie theatre. Personally, they should have had Garden State playing, but no...the did have The Grudge playing, and as freaky as that movie was, I actually thought to myself "Self, you should go see that again." Alas, no time for movies :(

Okay - on to my next Focus Group to find out who, what, why, when and how.

Later kids!

No comments: