Wednesday, October 27, 2004

There's No Place Like Home!

Okay, so day 123 and I'm in Manila/Makati City. It is great here, it's almost like being in New York or Downtown Atlanta. The hotel is amazing. I thought the Shangri-La in Cebu was awesome (it was on the beach) but this one is absolutely incredible! I mean, the lobby alone looks like we are at the Ritz or something.

We got into town and were tired and hungry, so Clay and I had Prime Rib (and other goodies) before heading to our rooms to sleep - thank god I got some real food. Lucky Clay is on his way to the airport as we speak and is headed back to the states.

So I am in this current state of flux - I want to be here and do my job, but I really am ready to be home. I mean, first, travelling with your boss is rarely a good idea. Look, my boss is fine - decent guy, I don't let him bug me, I don't dislike him, but he seems to be high maintenance. And I like my own space, or at least the company of a friend.

That said, I am SO ready to get back to the States. Maybe I'll just hop a plane to San Francisco and go see Maggie for the rest of the week? Hmmmmm. It's a thought.

I miss my friends, I miss eating real food, I miss my own bed. Did I mention my medical condition has been fodder for joking, cajoling, and borderline harassment? Yeah - no way I trust anyone anywhere near my syringes if I have an attack - let me die.

Enough - happy thoughts....ummmm, don't have any. Wow, that sucks. I think I have learned a very valuable lesson over here - don't travel with your boss. Unless you are maybe friends outside of work or whatever. I learned this with my last boss, but I thought it was just her. Apparently not.

Oh well - maybe he will let me leave on Saturday.

No comments: