Saturday, October 23, 2004

So I’m Leaving, On A Jet Plane…

Movie Review: Alfie

But I do know when I’ll be back again – Halloween! So I’m off at the crack of dawn this fine October morning to the Philippines for EarthLink. First stop is Tokyo with Typhoon Nook-Ten bearing down on the Asia – should be good for a few laughs.

I’m traveling with my boss and a co-worker for a week and this should be interesting. I haven’t spent this much time with either of them and now I’ll be seeing them almost non-stop for a week…FUN! I’ll do my best to post from Southeast Asia this week! If nothing else, I’ll keep Angie entertained :)

So I didn’t get a chance to post my review for Alfie – the remake of the Michael Caine classic starring Jude Law. Basically, I think I would watch Jude do just about anything for as long as he likes, but this movie was a true delight. It was funny and sad all at the same time. He is a bastard when it comes to women, but is so charming as he dishes out advice to those of us sitting in the theatre and it certainly helps us women figure out bizarre behaviors of past boyfriends! I especially loved the use of these 1-word billboards that inevitably crept into the shot to give you a clue as to what was coming next – very creative.

Okay, I need to take out the trash and finish putting stuff in my suitcase. Happy Saturday!

No comments: