Sunday, October 24, 2004

Lost in Transition

...pretty close to Bill Murray - I'm in the Tokyo-Narita airport's business lounge feeling about as out of place as Bill wearing the orange camouflage shirt.

So let me ask you - a business lounge with 15 work stations and only one is wired???? So I was an idiot and left my wireless card at home - stupid Lindy - but still, 1 out of 5 has an Ethernet port? This is Tokyo - they build computers here...one would think.

Anyway, the 13 1/2 hour flight went by pretty quickly. Business class rocks. Every 5 minutes someone is bringing you something to eat or drink or a hot towel. NICE. I slept, I ate, I slept, I watched movies. Overall, not too shabby.

Anyway, I'm here on a layover and am waiting for my Japan Air flight to Manila. So far I have seemed to impress a couple of locals by thanking them in Japanese and bowing slightly. You would think most business travellers would do the same, but apparently not based on the reactions I am getting. Hey man, go with the flow. Thank god for Styx ;)

Okay, powering down - giving someone else the chance to use this port for good andnot blogging. Later from the next country I inhabit!

No comments: