Monday, October 25, 2004

From Peru to Cebu hear the power of Babylon

So I am in Cebu, working at the call center in this little, tiny room, with lots of cold air pumping in...but the humidity here is so bad, my hair still has not dried from my morning shower - silly me for putting it up today.

So I slept for close to 9 hours (during the day here) and woke up at 5pm to shower, get dressed and finish some work. Then we had breakfast (which is really dinner) of chinese food. What an odd way to start your day. So we had really good food (our hotel has a bunch of restaurants) and my co-workers were really sweet not to order any seafood. Orange Chicken, true Kung Pao Chicken, Ginger Beef, and Sweet and Sour Pork - now I know you are thinking, you are in Asia, eat real Asian food - but I swear, this was authentic stuff. It isn't what you would find in a restaurant in the states. They even had Shark Fin soup on the menu (Angie would be SO excitied by that). They bring the roasted chicken and ducks out whole too - Angie, get a fork! I'll call Rob :)

So we got into the center, and there was a big sign welcoming me and my co-workers to the site. Everyone is really nice and sweet and I am having fun. They even have a Starbucks here (only 1, and they don't have the Venti size for anything).

On another note - the BoSox are up 2 games to none (wahoo) and that keeps my boss happy (thank goodness).

Back to work - stuff to do - people to talk to. Later world!

No comments: