Friday, October 15, 2004

15 Minutes of Fame

So this has been a very odd week...but it truly started about a month ago. So I'm watching something on TV - I don't remember precisely what it was - but it doesn't matter for the story. I have the TV on, but I was working in my office on the computer and I heard a familiar voice. I looked up and knew I did not recognize the guy talking - well that's because the TV had moved onto another commercial. Thank goodness for TiVo as I backed up and found a CitiBank commercial...

You know the one, the whole office starts saying "nice email" and "you sent that to the whole company" and this guy sitting in his cube gets this look of complete terror...then the boss walks up and he tries to wiggle out of it by saying "thank you." Well, cube-boy is my friend Brian Baumgartner, whom I have known since we were 8 years old. Talk about a surprise. I mean, Brian and I did all the Drama and Choir stuff together (we had a pretty cool group of talented people) and was a truly talented actor and singer, so I wasn't surprised that he was acting, but I didn't expect to see him on TV right then.

So fast forward to 2 days ago - I was in San Fran for a week, so I was seriously behind in my TiVo watching. I started watching the LAX from 2 Mondays ago (yes, I am watching this show) and there is Brian, playing a characted named Wes. So I went and looked him up on IMDB and there he was. He was also in an episode of The Lyon's Den which didn't air and CSI from last season. SO COOL!

Anyway, not only that, but my friend April was on this show Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn on Monday as well. She is a Morrissey stalker and was in NYC to see him.

So my friends are famous - go figure! Back to work kids :)

No comments: