Thursday, October 14, 2004

Life has taken over my life - go figure

Okay, so it has been well over a month since my last post, and it has not been intentional by any means. Basically, between work, new fall TV season and quilting, I have had little time in front of the computer - even at work!

Can you say - Meetings suck? I mean, meetings are important, no question. But 10 a day - sometimes more? Usually I have at least some portion of my day double or triple booked. I need a Mini-Me in the worst way.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the independance of not having any direct reports - in fact, it has been fabulous! However, there is only one of me, but my list has grown to be enough for at least 2 people. The Godfather (someone from work) jokes that he puts an S on the end of my name because there has to be more than 1 of me to do all the work I do - he's funny and that is sweet to say, but unfortunately, it is JUST me. I mean, I have Nessa and her team to help - thank god - but their focus has been such that truly, they don't have any time either - ARGH!

Enough about work...did I mention today how fabulous my niece is? Maggie is like the greatest little girl in the history of the world. She is so sweet and so brilliant and calls me just to tell me things. I took her to Shark Tale last week (not a bad flick) and she called me on Tuesday night to tell me that she told all her little friends at school about the movie...and apparently I am Lola!

Okay, so it is time for my next meeting - I only have 6 today...blech!

No comments: