Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Twenty Percent Off For Nephews and Nieces

It's finally Tuesday again. Thank goodness, I am about to go nuts without my Gilmore Girls fix. Thank goodness - less than 12 hours to go.

So last night was all about packing and sewing. I'm sewing something for my new niece/newphew to be and packing to go see Maggie. After looking at weather.com for a Burlingame forcast, I determined that I really needed advice from someone living there - so I called my brother. Apparently, it has been a gorgeous 72 all week and will continue to be. Nice. So then Maggie gets on the phone.

The funny part is, everytime I call her, it is usually time for bed - for both of us. Ahhhh, the beauty of a 3-hour time difference. Problem is, she will probably think that while I am there, I need to go to bed when she does (gosh I hope not).

Anyway, we have a very sweet and very funny phone conversation. She thanked me for her little picture (the balloon-one, Aunt D) that I made when I was her age. Okay, well really I was about 24 or so when I made it, but it is called a linoleum print, and it is something I love to do. I wish I did it more often, actually. She has thanked me for this before, but she felt she needed to do it again. Then she told me again how it was time for her to go to bed and I said it was my bedtime too. We chatted a bit more and then she went off to bed.

So my plans are set - somewhat. I can't wait to get there to see Maggie (and her parents) and to relax in sunny San Francisco. I need a break - even if this is only a mini-vacation. I need it - desperately!

Work was crappy yesterday. People in my company tend to make changes and not test them first, so they caused a big snafu that basically encompassed 2/3's of my day. I was really happy to get out of here last night, but then I was so exhausted, that the thought of truly packing up my stuff, was a big NO. At least I made a stack of half the clothes I will need.

To top it off - I bought a new bed on Saturday. I got a great deal and I really needed a new bed - so this is a good thing. The problem is they are delivering it tomorrow and I cannot leave work (my boss is on some bizarre trip about time away from the office...don't get me started). So my mother is fabulous and is going to handle it for me - but it still means that when I leave the house tomorrow morning, I have to be completely packed and have stripped my bed of all the linens and put them somewhere. Also, my stairs need to be cleared off and free of all my crap. Great - usually no problem...did I mention that my back is still a mess and I can't go to physical therapy because my boss is being an ass? Just curious.

Anyway, today has to be better. I'm sure it will be better. Right? Please? Maybe? I'm suppose to go to a screening tonight, Hostage. This is most likely the only way I would see it since I don't think I would shell out $8 for this flick. However, it is 1 hour and 40 or so minutes...that would put me home by 10pm. With no dinner and lots to do - I'm not sure how I am going to pull it off, really. I think I may skip it. We'll see.

Later kids - off to do real work.

No comments: