Thursday, March 17, 2005

No Woman is an Island

So here I sit at 6 in the morning - unable to get back to sleep because the pressure in my head is acting like my own personal prison. I have been sick and getting sicker daily and I can hardly stand it.

Let me make a recommendation to you all - never fly with a sinus and chest infection. The pressure on the way down is such that it will permanently trap air or fluids or something in your ears to where you can no longer hear anything.

I am trapped - like a rat in a maze and I would give anything for some relief. I would actually LOVE to go to work today as I know I will be bored all day long. I really need some more sleep - at least to sleep for the 3 hours until the doctor's office opens would be a blessing. I'll take anything at this point...maybe an ice pick to lance my ears? Would that work?

I'm glad to be home in my new bed (which I now need a step stool to get into) - but I do miss Maggie. I feel so isolated now - being sick sucks. I feel like I'm alone on this island hell - a self-sacrifice, if you will - to protect the world from the viruses running rampant through my body. No fun at all!

Friday has to be better right? After all - it will be Friday. That should be enough to cheer up most people, I would think.

Here is hoping for happier (and healthier) posts tomorrow!

DVDs over the past two weeks:
Stepmom
Erin Brockovich
My Best Friend's Wedding
Pretty Woman
Runaway Bride
Notting Hill
About a Boy
High Fidelity

No comments: