Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I Dreamed a Dream

Have you ever had one of those intense dreams where you wake up and expect it to have really happened? You expect to wake up in a different place, or with someone beside you. I have these all the time, and I must say it is getting a little eerie.

So last night I had a dream that took some odd turns. First, I was at work, sitting in my cube, typing away. The phone rang and it was someone I work with, Jason. Apparently, all permissions for customer service agents were gone and the agents were going to start transferring calls to me as I was the only one with full access...and oh by the way, could he monitor the calls I was taking. Knowing me as most of you reading this do, of course I said sure. So I proceeded to take CS calls for a couple of hours. Then my boss walked up and wanted to know what I was doing and why. I was in trouble!

So I had Angie come and take calls at my desk, while I got the permissions restored (which took all of 5 minutes). So basically, I had forgotten to just fix the problem instead of putting on a wacky band-aid. Great, Lindy!

Next, I was in this meeting where everyone seemed to be confused and didn’t understand what we were talking about – but I knew exactly what was going on. So I proceeded to start teaching a class instead of running this meeting – I was in front of a black board and was pointing to words with a piece of chalk – I turned around and everyone in the meeting was suddenly 8 years old. Someone even gave me an apple.

I left work, and went with work friends to Perlino’s (the greatest Italian restaurant in Atlanta) for a nice dinner. Justin gave us the full star treatment and we had a lot of wine and a lot of food. It was great! We left and most everyone drove off, but I was driving one person (previously referred to as the lobster).

The lobster and I got halfway back into town, when we decided to go to my place to watch a movie. My place was perfectly spotless (yeah, right) and we had a blast. Popped popcorn (not sure how we could eat anything) and had the surround sound on and watched The Last Samurai. The doorbell kept ringing and I had to go downstairs and answer it. It was the party neighbors twice and other neighbors the other 3 times – all needing to borrow something.

Finally, the place was quiet, and we enjoyed the movie – a lot! (Insert your own details here.) So things happened, ba-da-bing-ba-da-boom – no need to give more detail than that. And then I woke up.

So what does all this weirdness mean exactly? I’m no good at analyzing. It was very odd and I am having a hard time getting it out of my head this morning!

No comments: