Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Waiting for the Weekend

Current mood: energetic

I am sitting here after a very long day and cannot figure out just what to do. I have spent my entire day in meetings - from sun-up to sun-down (okay, only 9am-5pm) - and I am fucking exhausted. How on Earth did this day get away from me?

Anyway, I finally hired someone for my open position and it was extremely difficult. I have been in this company SO long and know SO many people, that I ended up interviewing all people I knew really well and that makes it even tougher. No matter what I did, people were going to be disappointed, right? I made a decision I felt best benefit my team and my organization...life sucks sometimes. I wish I could do more, but it was for only one position. So far, people have seemed cool about it.

It occurs to me that I need to make a bold move...take a risk...invite a challenge. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm feeling the urge, the desire, the need. I'm open to suggestions - anyone can suggest anything to me and I don't think it would be too crazy. I feel like it is time for something drastic...

Thoughts anyone?

Currently listening:
Zenyatta Mondatta [Digipak]
By The Police
Release date: By 04 March, 2003

No comments: