Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Ad Nauseam

Current mood: pleased

Definition of: ad nauseam
ad nauseam: So as to disgust or nauseate.

So I hate that this is blog number 4 for the day, but it was a nutty day and I just felt like posting how the day was truly fantastic (really, no sarcasm here).

First, work didn't suck like yesterday. Yesterday they tried to kill us by piping in toxic odors and giving us all the dry heaves and killer migraines...NICE! The day wasn't too bad for work - I got almost everything done I needed to including meeting with the lawyers (always a highlight of my day).

Next, I have awesome friends. The ones I talk to every day never cease to amaze me as to how wonderful they can be and the ones I don't get to talk to very often tend to surprise me with random AIMs/Jabbers/etc. I got to touch base with a very dear friend and found out that he is doing really well. Also, I gave the ex a chance to talk to me for real tonight. After a couple times letting him go to the voicemail, I finally decided to answer it and hear him out...very interesting.

Finally, my fabulous friends, Steev and Gina, welcomed a happy and healthy little boy into the world tonight. I know it sounds totally sappy, but that fills my heart and I just can't express how happy I am for them. I cannot wait to meet Miles and get to know him as he grows up....yeah yeah, I know...move on, Chick!

I didn't get to have too much fun on the ol' XBox tonight - the servers were pretty crappy, but my playmates and I made the best of it. We all decided to call it a day early for once and yet, here I am, posting to my blog. Nice! Anyway, I consider those guys my friends, too - even though I don't know them very well, they tend to get me.

Anyway, I just wanted to share how great this Tuesday was - now if only I could mend fences with those out there who don't want to - or aren't really ready to. Our day will come - I am sure of it. The mere fact that you added me as a friend to your page (and haven't removed me after some nasty emails back and forth), speaks volumes and tells me there is hope. You don't just ditch 12 years (does the last year count?)!

So I am going to bed - alone (for those of you who thought I really caved with my ex). I intend to get a good night's sleep and be happy tomorrow for my brother and sister-in-law who hit 9 years of marriage. WOW!

Ain't life grand sometimes?

Love you all...

Currently listening:
Dizzy up the Girl
By The Goo Goo Dolls
Release date: By 22 September, 1998

No comments: