Monday, July 10, 2006

Feeling Naked

Current mood: tired

So what a very odd week it has been, folks. A lot of things have happened and I just have been too beat to take the time to write anything down. Sorry about that. For some reason I have felt really exposed this week - and not in a good way. But overall, it has been a great week.

I'm not sure where to begin, so I guess I will start in the middle...Wednesday.

An atypical work day only because I hadn't been in the office for 4 days (the beauty of being the boss). I spent all day playing catch up with email and people needing help from "The Oracle," and suddenly it was 545pm. Normally, I would have been annoyed, but fortunately I had the Chick Flick girls to hang out with. So one of my work friends decided she was tired of not getting to see the movies she wants because her husband thinks they are "chick flicks." She figured out a solution and started up a little club, if you will. It is mostly people at EarthLink, with a few former ELNK-ers thrown in for good measure.

We had drinks, some noshes, dished about hotties (and ugly-hotties) and went to see The Devil Wears Prada. Yes, I am behind in movie reviews...stay tuned for a review post. We had a blast! It was a great group of chicks and we can't wait to do it again.

During the day on Wednesday, I happened to score myself some free Black Crowes tickets for Thursday night - so on to Thursday!

Thursday I was wishy-washy. It was rainy and icky outside and I was dead tired. I waffled all day about if I should go to the concert or not. The YB also got free tickets, and I had invited DDD and we were going to make a night of it - except, I was thinking of backing out. Shame on me! I'm not exactly sure why, but I am sure that I wasn't motivated because I was feeling sorry for myself due to some MySpace communications going back and forth with old friends. All of a sudden, I decided fuck everyone. I wanted to go to the concert, so I was going to the concert (it didn't hurt that Gangsta Jules yelled at me that I needed to have some fun).

Anyway, off we went. The concert was at Lakewood and DDD found a nice spot for us to hang out as we waited for The YB to show up. We hung out, we misbehaved (those of you who should know what this means, do); we had a lot of fun! Suddenly, I am exhausted. I managed to make it home and then got sucked into the XBox for a couple of hours...my boys were on and I wanted to enjoy shooting them (and getting shot at). Next thing I knew it was 230 in the morning and if The Champ hadn't spoken up, I think I would have been online all night.

Friday was a typical rat-race kind of day. I worked a LOT. The day just kind of got away from me and it was quite exhausting. I spent half the day trying to track down my HR rep since I need to make an offer to the person I want to hire - but she decided she didn't need to be in her office - ever! I must have walked to her office 8 or 9 times to no avail. So now I am stuck waiting until Monday to make an offer; if I am lucky. So who knows when I will actually have a new hire!

Thank god for the YB who forced me to power down my laptop and walk out the door on Friday at 6pm. I think I would have been there half the night otherwise. I had already worked 30 hours for the week, and it was only 3 days!

I went to dinner with friends and proceeded to get deathly ill and feel like crap. But that didn't stop me from coming home and shooting people on CoD2 all night. I will say that The Champ was in rare form - always entertaining for me. I got out some frustrations and by the time I went to bed (after 3am), I felt much better.

Saturday wasn't too exciting, but it wasn't boring either. However, I was forced to play without The Champ, so luckily Alaska and Mirk were around to keep me laughing.

I know - all if this is very boring. I know you would all rather I post a movie review or something about the MySpace saga from this past week, but I swear that it even more boring to write about.

Let's just say that I don't think anything is resolved and I'm not sure it ever will be. It is sad really, but clearly people have moved on and even when I opened the door, no one was willing to walk through it. I'm not sure why or how this happened, but at least I know she is happy and truly that is all that matters to me. Does this satisfy you all?

On a side note, I will say that (going back to the hotties discussion from Wednesday), I may have to share a new hottie with you all...thank god for World Cup soccer! Meet Gianluigi Buffon! Yummmmmy!

Anyway, I'll post much more interesting things later - like the 3 movie reviews I owe you all. Work is coming up quickly and I need to get to sleep. I will have some good dreams about me being an XBox hussy tonight!

Currently listening:
A Rush of Blood to the Head
By Coldplay
Release date: By 27 August, 2002

No comments: