Thursday, August 04, 2005

A Basic Lack of Time

Sorry it has been an entire week, but my time has not been my own for at least that long. Between this major project at work and helping organize and throw my friend Vanessa her baby shower, I really have not sat at a computer for more than 20 minutes at a time in the past 7 days.

In order to stay ahead of the curve, I took Friday off to make a baby shower cake and help my mom with her personal chef tasks for the week. The day was pretty long, but very successful.

Saturday was the shower and it seemed to be a big hit! We had great food, fun activities and great girl-time. Most importantly, the guest of honor seemed to be very happy and after all, that was the main goal of the day :)

Sunday was putting finishing touches on the cooking and deliver the personal chef food to the client. I have the Jeep, so it makes it very easy to deliver. After a very long weekend, I was almost happy to go back to work on Monday...until it was Monday and I was back in all day meetings.

So here it is Thursday morning and I am headed back to work for more meetings (luckily, I think I may get out halfway through the day). I do actually have another job I have been absent from for over 3 weeks. I'm supposed to travel to Manila/Cebu in a couple of weeks and I really do not have the time to spare...not that my boss gives a shit. Apparently, I don't already have enough to do so he keeps giving me more responsibility - not that my 2005 goals reflect ANY of them. I gotta get a new gig. Anything away from the nightmare that is my boss these days.

The bright side of travel to Manila is that it appears we are travelling through San Francisco...Maggie and Will time!!!! I made a pronouncement to my boss last week that said, if we travel through the SFO airport, then I am staying a couple days to see my family...honestly, it is the least he can do and he should NOT make me use vacation time for it...yeah, that won't happen! I'll deal - it will be happy Maggie and Will time and therefore it will be worth a little pain...note - I said little...

Well - I'm off to work and another long day and more exhaustion. I barely have time to breathe these days, much less sit at my desk...and unfortunately, there is not an end in site for 6 months...(sigh)

1 comment:

Shan said...

Just keep chanting to yourself "Sabatical." It's not that far off now.