Thursday, August 11, 2005

Decisions, Decisions

So this week has been dragging along quite annoyingly and this morning is no different. At least today I get my snazzy new brain (aka Treo 650).

My boss has been particularly rude and cruel and driving me up the fucking wall!

Luckily, yesterday was a short day at work as I had to run some errands to get prepared for the trip to the Philippines. Basically, going to my 2 doctors to get stocked up on my meds and get medical authorizations to carry needles on the planes. No big deal, but time consuming and $40 a pop!

Then, thank god for Vessi, I chopped off my hair! It was over 2 inches too long and I had had no time to get it cut. It was like an enormous weight had been lifted and I feel much better now...and hopefully look better too!

I did get to talk to my sweet Maggie last night when she called me and said she needed helping making Zucchini Boats (stuffed zucchini) and then explained that eventhough she would make them (and she described to me how to scoop out the seeds, spread them out (sauté) and then putting "stuffing" in them), she wouldn't eat the stuffing as it was spicy and meant she would need to drink even more milk than she does already!

Now I ask you, how can your day not improve after such a sweet phone call? It's not possible :)

So here I sit, exhausted with a killer headache, having too much work to do and no time to do it in, completely hating my job, but loving it all the same...and even though it seems that someone is throwing me a lifeline, I will most likely say thanks but no thanks as I have not yet begun to fight and am not really ready for big change.

Sorry to ramble and not make too much sense here...it's been a rough few months!

No comments: