Friday, August 12, 2005

Missing the Left Coast

I have been back in Georgia for 15 months and it is about that time that California starts to beckon me home...

Granted, I was pretty much raised in Georgia and all of my friends and half my family is here, but the most important part of my family today is in San Francisco. The main problem is that while I love it here for all it's quirks, I get a lot of benefits from being here - most of all, cost of living. So what is the draw to SFO, you ask?



This is what one would call the sweetest faces of all time! And they are calling to me day and night.

Here is my dilemma...first, these kids are my life...my family. I have discussed with my brother my need for involvement and he is toally on board (it doesn't hurt them to have a babysitter living nearby). What I think it really comes down to is figuring out what works best for me and for them. So there are a couple of choices:

1) Stay here and earn my sabbatical (261 days) and during my sabbatical, go stay in SFO and find a job to move me back out.

2) Stay with EarthLink and find a job in Pasadena (this puts me 4 hours away)

3) Scrap it all and go live like a bum on my brother's couch :)

We'll see. Nothing is going to happen today...or tomorrow. It's just active thoughts in my head. I get pictures and I start to think about how close Maggie and I are and a lot of that has to do with my being around so much early-on. Will doesn't have that I and sincerly hope that Maggie talks to him about me all the time!

No comments: