Tuesday, August 23, 2005

A Trip to Wonderland?

Believe it or not, I am now back in Manila. After work, we headed to the airport (and frankly, saw a sight that has scarred me for life) and caught a plane back here for days 3, 4, & 5. This was an interesting journey as it was me, Clay, Kevin, my boss, his boss and 2 other VPs (Kyle and Scott). This trip was insane as no one was on their best behavior...how fun!

So let me explain the game that lead to this disturbing bus ride. Jessee (my co-worker) commented the last time we were here that he was looking forward to counting the pee-ers...Cebu is very rural and people (mostly men) often relieve themselves on the side of the roads. Jessee, being the odd duck that he is, likes to count these people for sport. Our boss kept telling Jessee that he would not see as many as 3, however women count as 2 points and anyone taking a dump (pardon my bluntness) would count as 3 points. Jessee insists he has seen a 3-pointer before, but I cannot imagine that to be true...

Well, I spoke too soon. We are driving along and Clay cries out "OH MY GOD" and burries his head in the carseat. Of course, we all turn. And there, leaving up against a tree...well, let your mind do the rest. 3 points! Like I said - SCARRED FOR LIFE!

Enough about bodily functions.

After we checked into the hotel in Makati, some of us were hungry so we went to the buffet at the restaurant called Circles. Well, they had just transitioned from breakfast to lunch, which was a thrill! So we dug in. The boys got alcohol and I stuck with Coke (it is hot enough in this country, I need no alcohol to raise my body temperature at all)!

Well, the madness began. So my boss, has recently stayed in a great mood, which we all have determined means he has a girlfriend. Not sure how that happened, but he has dropped many a hint concerning dates, cooking dinner for someone, etc. I have a theory that this woman works with us, but my team does not buy it one bit. I'm actually determined to confirm my suspicions on this sojourn.

After a scotch or two (including my giving him crap for mixing a single malt with water and ice), he drops her name. Huzzah! I knew it. Victory is mine. Now, while you may not think this is evidence, it isn't. However, after he said her name, Kyle looked right at me and winked - there was my proof! I'm not done, but I know I am on the right track.

After a few more drinks, I found myself falling asleep at the table and decided I should head to my room (where it should be close to 5 degrees by now) and catch some Z's. Apparently, I was not the only one who felt this way as quickly the other 4 followed me out...

So here I sit, awake, looking for something to lull me into sleep...maybe the iPod will do the trick.

Goodnight all!

No comments: