Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The View From the Back

This post will be short and sweet since my day today is completely booked...I have one open 30 minute slot, but knowing my luck, it we be filled before lunchtime.

Yesterday was world's biggest and most useless kick-off meeting of a project ever. We did get a free lunch and I did get to leave the building for a few hours (never a bad thing). However, the rest of the meeting was just a rehash of previous meetings and a complete snooze-fest.

The only redeeming quality this meeting had, was the view. We were at a local hotel in one of their ballroom/conference rooms and it was set up with like 12 tables. My team and I (being such good strategists) picked one on the far side of the room and in the middle (so we weren't avoiding the front, but not being nerds by being in the front).

Did I mention there are some very yummy men on this project - some of them work for us, and some work as consultants, but there seemed to be a memo that the cute ones should sit in the table smack-dab in the middle of the room. This accomplished two things - 1 - I could zone out looking at this table, yet it looked like I was consentrating hard on the meeting and 2 - I could just stare and be stealthy about it. Some days, my job doesn't suck :)

Anyway, I think we all agreed that this meeting was not what we were expecting at all and we now have like 10 more of these through the next week and a half...can I go on vacation, please??? Otherwise, assign me to "surfer-boy" and he can keep me interested in this project :D

No comments: