Friday, July 22, 2005

Surf's Up!

Yesterday was a full-day meeting on this major project I mentioned earlier in the week. Not that I mind an entire day away from my email, but now I am just 1 day behind in everything else.

I ended up having to give a presentation on all our tools and systems with no notice...the only positive was that cute boys were trapped in the room with me all day...I enjoy suffering when I am not alone and have something to look at! These meetings seemed productive, only time will tell.

Unfortunately, this meeting identified me as needing to be in today's all day meeting and a half day meeting on Monday (sigh).

Something I didn't mention as part of my movie-going experience on Wednesday was that I finally met some of the crazy people. By that I mean the group of Usual Suspects (US) Angie and I always saw at all the screenings - this is what happens when you don't take a partner in crime with you. So, it's all Angie's fault.

So I get there really early - I had no idea how the crowd and/or traffic would be, so I got there 2 hours before it was going to start - this is not unusual. Anyway, the only other person in line was this guy, Jeff, one of the US's. Since it is just 2 of us in line, the small talk began and it was all downhill from there. Don't get me wrong, Jeff is a nice guy, but it's all just weird. And here I was complaining about taking Ryan with me...again, I blame Angie...and she knows it.

As time dragged on, Jeff introduced me to a few other US's and they were nice enough - I think they thought of me the same Angie and I thought of them. The biggest difference here is they like to sit on the front row of the Stadium section, and I prefer a few rows back (whew).

I really need to find a permanent movie-buddy... one that isn't shopping screenplays in Hollywood. Yeah, yeah...poor pitiful me :)

No comments: