Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Zoo's The Thing

Movie Review: Madagascar

Can someone please explain Hollywood to me? Why are all the kids movies PG now (even the animated ones) and all the big blockbuster pics are PG-13 (instead of the R Rating we have all been used to)?

Here is the problem; first, you are making it very hard for me to take Maggie to movies. Everything is PG instead of G and that usually means there is ONE scene that may scare her. Why, oh, why? Why do you do this to me?

Despite the higher rating, this movie was cute. There were quite a few jokes for the adults in the room, and some for the little kids. But when the lion pictures all characters as steaks with legs, and then starts roaring and lunging to eat his friends, odds are the 3 to 4 year olds aren't going to be very happy. It was minor, and with that and a scene where the hyena-like cats are converging on all the cute and funny characters (the zebra, giraffe, hippo, and a whole bunch of lemurs), it can be taking as a little scary (not as freaky as SpongeBob's leg breaking off) - but I'm guessing my brother will put the kybosh on me and Mags at the movies next week.

Oh well, maybe I can find a theatre running early kiddie movies that aren't so scary!

No comments: