Saturday, June 04, 2005

Injustice League

As much as I would like to write a really long post about the injustice which occurred at my company on Friday, I should really keep this short so I don't lose my job as well.

I do need to say a couple of things, just to get it off my chest and so I can actually sleep.

If you don't know how to manage people - get out of any position that has you managing people. But in the meantime, just a couple of tips:

1) Don't blind-side people. If you have a question about a behavior, ask your direct report and get more detail. If you know the people who report to you, you know the difference between honest mistakes and deliberate actions against a person or persons (or company)

2) Get rid of dead weight - not the individuals who do all the work and keep the company functioning properly.

3) If you have someone who works for you that isn't in the right position for their talents, then help them find something better suited for them.

Okay - as much as I would like to say more, legally, I cannot. However, it ain't over...

No comments: