Monday, June 06, 2005

Oh...The Horror!

So my morning has been eventful - somehow I knew this would be the case.

Everyone is asking me about a seemingly mysterious or cryptic email received from Steev. To anyone who reads this, I cannot give you any detail. If you want to know what happened, why Steev is gone, etc, you need to email him, please. I am not in any position to give more information than he no longer works here. I am as sad and dismayed as the rest of you - Steev gave life to this place.

So the rest of my weekend was tainted by this news, but I managed to survive. Unfortunately, I am still mad and upset and scratching my head, but I know there is nothing I can do - it is all up to Steev.

So the rest of my weekend - was pretty much Sunday. And all of Sunday was spent with my dad. We did the food delivery for my mom's catering, which was interesting. The two if us letting ourselves into the building to load up the fridge and the freezers. We had fun.

On the way home, we stopped at the grocery and ran into friends of the family (of course). I can't go anywhere in this town without seeing people I know, but my dad is even worse. It's a non-stop hit parade of people when we are together.

Anyway, then we did the "What do you want for dinner"-dance. This is my least-favorite conversation with my dad. He doesn't know what he wants and he offers few suggestions. Pork - isn't a suggestion. Anyway, my dad usually starts asking me what I want a week out...I think this is why I never know what I want when other people ask me. It's like an adverse reaction to the question or something.

Anyway, I suggested Grilled Pizza since we had a new recipe and procedure (past attempts ended in burnt/charred crust). He didn't like the idea and after 10 minutes at the Butcher Counter not liking anything he saw, he decided that the pizza is ok. So we bought what we needed and headed home.

I made the dough and it did exactly what the recipe said it would. We grilled the pizza and it was amazing. It was well worth the little bit of extra work, but overall the work was less than usual.

I went home after dinner and watched the Tony Awards. Thank goodness the American Theatre Wing "gets it" and gave best musical to SpamAlot. Finally, more than my generation gets the Monty Python humor - there is hope for the world!!!

Another work week - soon I will be with Mags and Will!

5 days until I am on a plane to California
328 days until sabbatical!

No comments: